We are the world’s number one provider of Contracts for Difference (CFDs)*. We deliver exceptional customer service alongside innovative trading technology.
We are owned by IG Group Holdings plc:
- We are a member of the London Stock Exchange
- We are a constituent of the FTSE 250 index
- We have over 140,000 clients worldwide making millions of transactions every month
- We are headquartered in London with offices in 14 countries
We protect all individual client funds:
- We hold client funds in a separate trust account at a top-tier Australian bank
- We only use our own money for hedging purposes
- We are regulated by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC)
Leading independent research agency, Investment Trends, surveys traders each year for its comprehensive report on CFD providers.
The latest report places us as the number one CFD and Forex provider in Australia**, reflecting our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value for money.
We are part of IG Group. The group’s first company, IG Index, was established in 1974 and is the world’s largest and longest running financial spread betting company.
- IG Index, the original IG Group company is founded, as the first spread betting company in Britain. It is today the world's leading operation of its type.
- IG Group is floated on the London Stock Exchange.
- IG Group expands into Australia and becomes the country's first CFD provider.
- IG Group Holdings plc is floated on the main list of the London Stock Exchange. Since then it has been promoted to become a member of the FTSE 250.
- Our award-winning trading platform is unveiled.
- Our first mobile trading app is released for the iPhone. Trailing stops and trade-from-charts functionality are launched on our trading platform.
- IG is named Australia's Best CFD Provider by Money Magazine and TheBull.
- IG launches the innovative iPhone DMA app, gains recognition as Australia's number one CFD provider for the third year in a row, and wins Smart Investor's Blue Ribbon award for Best CFD Provider.
- We launch our insight, news and analysis centre.
* Largest retail CFD provider by revenue (excluding FX). Source: Published financial statements. As at August 2012.
** By primary relationships, Investment Trends May 2012 CFD Report & December 2011 FX Report.