Proof of identity
Before we activate your account, Australian regulations require that we verify every client's identity.
If you have been directed to this page, it is because we have tried to verify your details electronically but have been unable to do so.
Australian and New Zealand applicants
Please provide a copy of ONE of the following documents:
- Passport (can be current or have expired within the past two years)
- Current driver’s licence with photo
- Current proof of age card with photo
Alternatively, provide any TWO of the following (issued within the last 6 months, showing your name and residential address):
- Financial statement (savings, credit, mortgage) issued by an Approved Deposit-taking Institution (ADI) in Australia.
- Gas, electricity, water, home phone or internet bill
- Council rate notice, or a notice or assessment issued by the RTA, the ATO or a government body
- Lease agreement, contract for sale of a property, rental bond lodgement document or home/contents insurance policy statement
Please provide the following identification:
- ONE copy of either a current passport, government issued ID card or driver's licence, with photo and showing date of birth
- ONE copy of recent (less than 6 months old) proof of address documents such as a utility bill, rates notice or bank statement
Sending copies of these documents
Using a smartphone or digital camera, email us a clear picture of the documents we require to help us verify your identity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may fax it to us on +61(3) 9860 1702 or send via post to IG Markets Ltd, L7, 417 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004, Australia.
In most cases your account will be activated shortly after we receive the information.